Hoover is a Leader in Me school focused on developing the academic and leadership potential of each student. Hoover has a dedicated process in place to identify the talents and gifts of each student and a coordinated effort to provide authentic leadership opportunities for all students interested. The culture of Hoover Middle School exudes leadership among staff and students. Hoover Middle School is the second middle school in the nation to be awarded the great honor of being a Lighthouse School.
- Each month, students lead the Hoover Parent Leadership Council meetings
- Hoover students have limitless classroom and school-wide leadership opportunities
- All Hoover students lead their own student-led conference
- All Hoover students participate in the Leader in Me exploratory in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades
- LEAD Time class meets four days a week to focus on: Fostering positive relationships, focusing on the 7 Habits, and building our leadership potential